Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Food Post

Image result for tamales


A food that I learned to make with my mom is tamales.Its so fun and it's a Mexican tradition.What you need to make tamales is tamale leafs,chicken,dough,and hot sauce.First you would lay out the tamale leaf on your hand get a chunk of dough and spread it across the tamale leaf then you would take chicken strips and put it on top of the dough and add the sauce.The more sauce you add the spicier it is.The fun part is that it gets messy and you get to have fun making them.Like I purposely put dough on my sister's face and it was so fun.Making tamales would be more for special occasions because it takes so long to make.It's worth it though.Watching everyone try so hard like even my little brother tried and it was so funny and adorable and seeing my mom get frusterated while watching me mess it up its so funny.It's my favorite thing about holidays like for new years we made tamales really early in the morning and we stayed up really late eating them.Starting out a new year eating tamales with friends and family is great.Image result for family making tamalesFYI The second picture is not actually a picture of my family.

2 comments:

  1. I want a tamal now. But not the spicy one the dulce one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job arlette! now i want tamales.

    ReplyDelete