Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Graduation Speech

A famous author once said “don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened¨. If you do not know who the quote is by, I say you probably have heard his name before. His name is Dr.Suess.
My years at Golf and Hynes were some of the best years of my life. We all lose friends and we all go through tough times in our life but Golf has the most amazing  people that help you through it either it's a teacher or a friend but we all stick together like a big family. Golf is one of the most smallest schools going to Niles North but everyone who went to Golf remembers everyone they went to school with because our school is little but sometimes small is good.
Kindergarten, one of the best and most scariest days of my life. From letting go of butterflies in the garden and learning how to do math and read. It was one of the most important years of my life. I remember it was the year I  learned how to snap.
Third grade, when we started moving into different math groups and I remember when Mrs.Featherstone on Valentine's day made us write something nice about someone on each of their paper heart. I still remember the things people wrote about me. Back then Mrs.Featherstone was a teacher and that just shows how old we are all getting.
Now I'm going to skip to fourth grade where we did the fourth grade play and where I found out I love theater. I was a detective in the play. We had reading buddies, then when it was close to the end of fourth grade we took a trip to Golf and got cookies.
Moving to Golf was scary. So many new people came  but  it was exciting. I was in Mrs.Feinstein's RTI where we read The Giver and she said that she would take us to go see the movie when it came out. That was when  I actually started to enjoy reading. Now Mrs.Joyner has to yell at me to put a book down.
Our grade is kinda wild and crazy but our teachers put up with us and that's the best thing they can possibly do. I know that nothing is perfect but if  I had one word to describe my years at Golf, I would say perfect.
We are all going to miss every single teacher and staff at Golf because they do so much for us. So on behalf of the class of 2016, We are going to miss you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice speech. I like how you tied in all the elements of your past years.

    ReplyDelete